An uncorrected bad bite may lead to tooth decay, gum disease, tooth loss, poor self-esteem, abnormal wear of teeth, difficulty in chewing and speaking, and stress on bone and gum tissue.
Here are some signs parents can watch for that indicate the need for a visit to the orthodontist, possibly even before permanent teeth come in:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty in chewing or biting
- Breathing through the mouth
- Thumb sucking beyond age 6
- Crowded, misplaced or blocked-out teeth
- A jaw that is too far forward or back
- Protruding teeth
- Upper and lower teeth that don't meet
- An unbalanced facial appearance
- Grinding or clenching of the teeth
When advised, early orthodontic treatment may be beneficial and may reduce or prevent further orthodontic problems in the future.
Better safe than sorry!
Find out more on how Dr. Patrick Anhoury can help you have the perfect smile by visiting the Specialized Group Practice Website: www.specializedgrouppractice.com or drop by our premises in Sodeco Square, Bloc B, 10th floor, Beirut, Lebanon. To make an appointment, you can call
+961-1-612761, mobile +961-76-934344.